U.S. Official: Iran used Cruise Missiles an attack On Aramco

U.S. Official: Iran used Cruise Missiles an attack On Aramco


Iran has fired cruise missiles and drones in attacks on two Saudi Aramco oil facilities in the east of the kingdom, a U.S. official said.

"Iran fired about 12 cruise missiles and 20 aircraft from its territory," a senior administration official was quoted by ABC News Sunday as saying.

The us network described the accusation against Iran as "unusual, and comes at a time of heightened tensions in the region."

According to the Associated Press, senior officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed to intelligence assessments, including satellite imagery, to support their view that Iran was responsible for Saturday's attacks on Saudi oil facilities.

Intelligence indicates that the strikes are inconsistent with the type of attack that could have been launched from Yemen, the officials said.

Meanwhile, the U.S. government has released high-resolution satellite images showing, according to officials, 19 collision points after missiles landed at least two Saudi oil facilities.

Officials said the photos showed effects consistent with an attack from Iran rather than Yemen, without further details.

On Saturday morning, Riyadh announced the control of two fires at two Aramco oil facilities in the east of the kingdom, which were targeted by drones.

Al-Houthi claimed responsibility for the attack and said it targeted two oil refineries with 10 drones.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Saturday night accused Iran of being behind nearly 100 attacks on Saudi Arabia, questioning that the attack on two Saudi oil facilities came from Yemen.

Earlier on Monday, the Iranian Foreign Ministry denied the U.S. accusations, asserting that they were "baseless" and "reflecting failure."


Share


Print Send




-->